Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Long Way To Go!



Two steps forward, three steps back. That is the way I feel this am. I really try hard to have patience. And as I tell my kids, "it's a virtue." So why is it I have more patience for my acquaintances and friends and so little for my family? I know, I know, we are more comfortable around our loved ones and feel more free. But is that always a good thing? I'm wondering if maybe we shouldn't try harder with those we love most. Allow me to ellaborate:



Alex and Sydni both had birthdays last week. Alex is now 10 and Sydni 6. We had their party at the skating rink and they had a blast! They had lots of friends from school and church there to help celebrate. My dear, sweet hubby surprised me and had dinner made when I got home from the office yesterday. Wow! Honey Mustard Chicken, Mashed potatoes w/gravy, Green Beans and Rolls. You can't beat that! Besides, it tasted good too, LOL! So we were finished eating by 7:00 and I asked Scott if we could take the kids to Wal-Mart to let them spend their birthday money. He was game, and of course the kids were game, so headed to Wally World. Now both Alex and Sydni had over $100 to spend so we knew we would be there awhile. And Randy still had some money left over from his birthday. I have to say the kids did great picking out things and it was really a lot of fun. Two and a half hours later we are leaving Wal-Mart. Now I'm pretty much a stickler on bedtime for a school night. Well, it was bedtime when we were leaving. Of course the kids are excited about all their 'goodies' when we get home, but it really is past bedtime so they are told they can play tomorrow.



Tuesday AM:

The trial begins.

My kids know the rules:

1. Planner is already signed and in bookbag.

2. Bookbag ready.

3. Lunchboxes ready to be packed(in other words they have to know its location)

4. When Mommy wakes you up-you get up-get dressed and don't dawdle.

5. After you are dressed you get coat on, bookbag and then Mommy fixes your hair. Then you're ready to go.



Not too complicated, right?! Well, lets just say all the rules were broken this am. Including my own personal rule to not oversleep. Well, I really can't blame myself when my alarm didn't work. Can I help it if it was set wrong?! LOL!



Bottom Line: I'm the Mommy. It's all up to me to make sure the kids are getting everything ready to go the night before. Yeah, yeah I know last pm was an exception. We had them out late spending birthday money. That's ok. Now let me see if I can think of an excuse for Monday Morning's Madness, LOL!

So the new rule:

Mommy is to make sure everything is the way it is supposed to be before she goes to bed as to cut down on such chaotic mornings. We'll see how we do.........

2 comments:

Always Faith said...

oooh...i hate mornings....even when i get everything ready the night before I STILL have problems in the morning. I guess its got a lot to do with NONE of us being morning people. LOL. =) anyways, i'm right there with ya with needing much more patience. =) and by the way, way sweet on your hubby fixin you supper. *grin*

Unknown said...

Well, if it's any consolation, we all have day's when we wish we could have stayed in bed. I know I do!

But it sounds like you've already established a game plan to prevent future problems. Way to go!

I love you Sis!