Friday, February 29, 2008

We're Back!



Okay, time for confession. I started my last post last week(before our trip) and then finished it when we got back, LOL!! So, we are back from TN and had a WONDERFUL time! The cabin was beautiful. Being with my parents, sisters and their husbands and children was really exciting for me. I have such a GREAT family and I love to be with them. We stayed up late talking(you go Mom!) and just reconnected after being so busy with life. And of course, we did a little shopping. My nephews are such AWESOME boys & I'm so proud of all of them. It was time well spent making good memories for another day.



Field Trip



Another confession.......I try so hard to not be an 'over protective' mother. But when my 9 year old left for his first field trip I worried about him. He went to the Outer Banks for 3 long days. The school was going to keep parents updated via their website. Well, the first day they let us know what time they left and that they had stopped at McDonalds for breakfast and that was all. For the rest of the day. Periodically throughout the day I checked the web and was disappointed everytime. I told my hubby, "They don't love Alex like I do. Will they watch him carefully when he crosses the street? What if he is cold or has a headache? What if they don't give him enough to eat(HEHEHE-this is always the case)?" So I told Scott if I could just hear from Alex then I would be ok. Some of the kids had sent messages over the web to their friends & family. Scott told me Alex wouldn't do that, just not his thing. The very next am I got up early and checked. Still no updates. Man what is going on?!?! They need to let us know something. I get Randy and Sydni off to school, and when I'm ready to walk out the door for the office I check one more time. And the very first comment on their website was "Alex Whitehead wants everyone to know he is having fun. He enjoyed catching sea creatures in the sound the most." Then I was okay. Alex was good and I was good. And HaHa Dad, Alex did send a message! Check out the website www.burke.k12.nc.us/young/ for pictures of Alex. He had to dissect a squid. You can see on his face how much he enjoyed it, LOL!!



Now you really shouldn't fault me for worrying. I took a field trip to the Outer Banks in school. My best friend and I snuck away from the group out in the dunes and found us a water hole to splash and play in. No Kiddin!!! It was a great time! Quite sometime later we made it back to the bus and the only question the teachers asked was, "How did you girls get wet?"



So the next time one of my children are expected to go on a field trip I may let them....if I can go too.......Hehe!!

2 comments:

Always Faith said...

LOL....funny about the field trips....isn't it crazy how we would flip out if we knew our kids were doing some of the things we did ourselves when we were kids? LOL. I tell myself that when I catch Munchkin sneaking a book in bed....haha....I have a hard time getting really mad. anyways, glad you guys are back and that alex is having fun out there. =)

Regina said...

i am glad that you all had a great time and that you are back. and that Alex had a good time too. and is home safe. love ya