Thursday, February 14, 2008

Oh to be a Kid..........

Okay, this week my family got the stomach bug. Alex was sick Saturday pm. Didn't make it to the bathroom, but that's okay. Thats what Moms are for, right?! Alex felt great Sunday am so we all went to church. Monday pm Randy starts vomiting.........again we didn't make it to the bathroom, but that's okay, right???? Well, Mommy and Daddy start feeling bad the same night. So Tuesday through-out the day Mommy and Daddy are lying around-sick and Randy is up playing-sick. We would hear him in the living room singing to the top of his lungs, sometimes running and jumping, and then we would hear him run to the bathroom and be sick(thank God he started making it). I would be listening to him and just wonder-wow! I love this that my kids are so resilient. Sometimes, many times I wish I could be a kid again.............

Randy was back at school the next day, happy, chipper, excited to be back at it. I went back to work today (two days later), dragging a little, but makin' it none the less, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too Young for a Valentine.....Oh Yeah!!

My little precious princess Sydni. When she started school the first week she came home and said she had FOUR boyfriends. But that she didn't like them, they liked her. So Mommy and Daddy had to explain that "These boys at school are not like your brothers.
You don't hug them.
You don't hold their hand.
And you never, ever kiss them."
Sydni laughs and says, "That's funny. I don't do that. They just like me."

So the next time I volunteer in Syd's class I met all 'her friends.' Then when it's time to leave I'm holding Sydni's hand while we're walking out and one of the boys says, "Bye Sydni. I love you." Ok, no harm done. That's sweet.

Yesterday she came home with a brown stuffed teddy bear with a heart in the middle that said 'Luv You.' Her very first 'Valentine.' How sweet?? She also got a 'pink watch.' But thats ok, b/c it was a prize out of a cereal box. The little boy didn't want a girls watch so he gave it to Sydni, LOL!!!

My question: Is a 5 year old too young to receive a Valentine?
My answer: I think it would be super sweet if her Dad or brothers wanted to buy her something. My Dad always bought us girls a Valentine(thanks Daddy!). But, five year old children.............in my opinion really need to be encouraged to build friendships. And thats it.

What do you think?????????

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am DEFINITELY against it! There is absolutely no reason a 5 year old girl should be getting a teddy bear that says Luv You from a little boy at school. :):) Seriously, I am pretty protective of my little girl, as all daddy's should be!

Always Faith said...

ROFL!!!! I'm really sorry. I feel your pain, but that is SOO cute that the little boys love her. *GRIN* Heartbreaker already. LOL. However, in all seriousness, I do think that these kids get all romantic WAYYYY too early now days...and yes, I AM against that. *smiles* but at the same time, I still think it's a little bit adorable. oh and thanks for calling today....I LOVE YOU, my frister!!!!

KC said...

I think that I LOVE that you're blogging again. I kept checking every so often and this time I was pleasantly surprised! I also agree that 5 year olds are way too young for valentines. Especially when we're talking about my Sydni!! *grin*

PS I'll be sending you an invitation to my blog again, and even if your e-mail is still messed up you should be able to just sign in with your Google account and still read it. Faith has me linked on her blog. Love ya!!

Unknown said...

What little boy wouldn't be smitten with my beautiful niece? A peek at one of those deep-sea dimples and any little fellow would be snagged.

A card? yeah. that's cute.
A smile, a wave. that's cool.
No kisses, no holding hands, no patting on the head- or the back- or the shoulder. HANDS OFF our little princess!

Amy Lizzy said...

Glad to hear ya'll are feeling better. Being sick is no fun!

As for valentine, maybe it was a friendship bear and after all, friends luv each other. But I also agree that parents push kids way too early these days to be involved in relationships!

And glad you're blogging again too!

Teresa said...

This was a nice suprise for me this morning. Keep it up. See you Sunday night! Love you!