Thursday, February 07, 2008


My Girls

Okay, I've been persuaded. Some friends of mine have been encouraging me to start blogging again. I have always enjoyed it, I've just been so busy......but I finally agreed to get together with some of 'my girls' and update my blog and get started again. Well, 'my girls' and I planned a night to let our kids play while we played on the computer. 'The girls' were playing on the computer and I ended up playing with the kids (7 in all). Before I knew it the hour had gotten late and I needed to get my kids home and in bed for school the next day, not too mention I needed to get some laundry done before bed. So, 'the girls' decided they would work on my blog w/o me, LOL! The next morning you can imagine my uncontrollable laughter when I saw what they had come up with. The only thing I gave them to go on was my favorite song, "In Better Hands." So, if you've read 'About Me' or 'View my Profile', just keep in mind 'the girls' came up with that insanity. But I liked it so much I decided to leave it. Every time I see it I have to laugh! Thanks Kelly & Faith- You guys(gals)are two of the BEST! Thanks for the good times and the laughter!!!!!!!!!!!!but more importantly thanks for everytime you have prayed for me b/c you knew I needed it!

On that subject, I've had someone who from time to time will give me a call leave a message to the effect "I was thinking about you today. I hope you are having a good day. I love you and I'm praying for ya. If you ever need me, you just call me. No matter what I'll help in any way I can." Several times this person has called and left me these messages. You can't imagine what that has meant to me and I love you for it! You know who you are (a crazy lady w/an awesome sense of humor that makes everybody laugh, whose initials are R.S.) .........


My Song

"In Better Hands." I was in the van on the way to church one Sunday and that song came on the radio. Normally, we don't even listen to the radio on the way to church, but this particular am that song was playing. It was just for me. In my opinion, it's not about death but life
in Christ. "It's hard to stand on shifting sand, it's hard to shine in the shadows of the night" yeah, know what you're saying "You can't be freed, if you don't reach for help; And you can't love if you don't love yourself" true, true. Here it comes, " But there is hope when my faith runs out" Why? Cause I give it all back to you God so I'll be "in better Hands now." Yeah!!!!!!!


My Family

So, my three children are in school and loving it........Alex will be 10 yrs next month and is in 4th grade. Randy just turned 8 yrs and is in 2nd grade. Sydni, 6 yrs next month kept her 'pinky promise' that she would not cry on the first day of kindergarten. This past Tuesday their school reserved the skating rink for those who had met their reading goals. The kids had a great time. Scott and I laughed a whole lot while we watched. It's amazing how they can fall down and practically 'jump' back up and not be hurt in the least. Sydni even told me, "Mama, don't worry, we won't get hurt." The last time we went skating Scott actually skated...........well, he tried. LOL! I tried not to laugh........really.............it was just so funny! There's just something so comical about a man on skates trying to prepare himself for that inevitable fall.
Love You, Honey! Scott and I have been married 13.5 years. One hundred thirty five years!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! Actually, thirteen and a half. It really is true that 'life is as a vapor' ya know? Today is quickly on the way to yesterday. And yesterday is gone forever but in memory. I am thankful for all the good times. They are inspirations. And I'm thankful for the not-so-good times. They are stepping stones to better tomorrows.

Until tomorrow..............

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Girl, DJ. I love you and am glad you are my sis.

And by the way...I'm fighting for you til the end. So PRESS ON!

Always Faith said...

Yah, what Kel said!!!! I'm glad to see a post and I'm glad you liked your 'stuff'. We had fun and we love you tons!!! And hey, I'm glad you're MY sis. What is that Kelly and Teresa say? Fristers??? *grin* Love you!