Saturday, February 09, 2008

A Day Well Spent

Why is it that on my only day off I still wake up early? Last night before bed I thought, I am going to sleep in tomorrow and I can't wait!!! Then, I still wake up before 8 am. That is way too early for a Saturday....but that's okay because I have lots to do on Saturdays. So I got up.

Then, Scott decided he wanted to take the whole family to breakfast at Abele's Restaurant. So we all got ready in about 5 minutes (that set a record) and we were out the door. When we had finished eating Scott planned to take us to the park to walk off the breakfast we had just eaten.(ha, ha). Halfway through our 2 mile walk we start across a bridge and my hubby lets go of my hand, takes out his pocketknife, gives me a grin and then starts carving a heart with our initials on the side of the bridge. Now, you have to admit, that is just good...............

Then Scott decided to let the kids play at the park while we sat on a bench and watched. The sun was shining, my family was together and I found myself very thankful. All those things I had planned for the day (laundry, mopping, vacuuming, grocery shopping)just kinda took second place and that was fine by me.

Now if I could just get my pile of dirty laundry to magically disappear......................

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. You really did have a day well spent. LOVE the idea of making memories together. And carving initials in the tree...how sweet is that? YOU GO WHITEY!

Always Faith said...

AWWWW...that is sweet! What a good day! And kudos to your hubby...that was a really nice gesture!!!!

Amy Lizzy said...

So good to see you're blogging again!!! And you're into heavy metal, eh? I agree with your favorite book, if you give a mouse a cookie!