Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm in the Mood for ________

You guys remember that old song? I'll let you fill in your own blank. But here I go and nobody try to stop me.

I'm in the mood for "blogging." Simply because I really enjoy it and I have some free time since Kel took 2 of the kids to stay the night and the other is w/a friend. So it's really quiet at my house which is extremely abnormal even at this time of night. During the summer my hubby allows the kids to stay up later than usual if we have nothing pressing to do early the next am. So they enjoy staying up when they can. Next week their 3 boy cousins are coming in from TN so they can begin building a treehouse together @ my parents. Needless to say they are all very excited. I am feeling quite excited about it myself.

My family and I were gone the weekend to Kentucky for the Whitehead Reunion. It was a whole lot of fun. Scott's dad has 13 brothers and sisters so it was quite the turn out. It's really neat to see family you haven't gotten to see in awhile. It was great seeing Scott's brother and his family. Becca spent alot of time with us and we had a blast! I have a tendency to act rather silly around my niece and nephews. They are all growing up so fast.

On the way to Kentucky the interstate was lined with beautiful purple wildflowers. Well, I (being a bit conniving)mentioned how special it would make a girl feel for her man to stop the vehicle, get out and pick her some. ROFL! His response, "Yeah," with a grin. And of course I grinned back. Well, Becca is 15 now and she is starting to date and so Uncle Scott and I were giving her some tips. Or maybe you could call them "Rules." For example when the subject came up about a girl chasing after a guy I let Becca know real quick Rule#14 Girls don't chase guys. Guys have to chase the girl.

Then of course Uncle Scott informed Becca he wanted the guys cell #, he wanted to have a talk with him.

Anyway, on the way home after a great weekend we're driving back on interstate and I notice those beautiful wildflowers again. And of course I want some. I mean how much plainer does a girl have to get?! So after a few minutes of silence and the sure realization that if I really want any of those flowers I'll have to get them myself I holler, "Stop the car!" Of course this gets hubbys attention and he's wondering what in the world is wrong. "Stop the car!" I yell again. I just had a feeling if he knew what I was up too.......well you get my point. After 14 years you just don't get flowers anymore. (I do have to inject here for health reasons if nothing else, my hubby did plan a very wonderful birthday get away for me last month in which he was extremely thoughtful). So he stops the van. All is quiet. I smile at him, open the door and proceed to pick every purple flower within my reach. I was in such bliss! No kidding, I loved it! It didn't even matter anymore that I was the one picking them. It was a beautiful day and I was feeling so blessed as one of God's children that all my heart was rejoicing in that beauty. After I have a good size bouquet gathered I decided to return to the 'real world' and get back in the van. When I opened the door I saw the most gorgeous wildflower bouquet in my seat. Their beauty far exceeded my handful. I was so busy with my own I never even knew Scott had picked me any. I loved them! A beautiful day with my soul feeling so blessed for so many reasons! It was perfect! Just perfect.........until just a few miles down the road my Romeo's allergies started acting up and he felt like 'things' were crawling all over him.

So for all you single girls out there (you too Becca) before your Romeo picks you a bouquet of wildflowers which is a must (Rule #8 Must do flowers-esp wild ones)make sure he's not allergic.

4 comments:

Always Faith said...

That. Was. HILARIOUS. I mean the part about Romeo. Very sweet, but FUNNY! *GRIN* I'm glad you guys had a good trip. We missed you! And I'm glad you were in the mood to blog, too. *grin*

Unknown said...

It's about TIME you start blogging again.

I'm glad you got your flowers. Whatever happened to them? I hope you didn't have to leave them behind because of Whitey's allergies....I would have left Whitey in Kentucky instead...But that's just ME!!!

Regina said...

that is so sweet. love ya

KC said...

*LOL* That's great! And it was sweet, even if he did end up being allergic. I cannot imagine Becca being old enough to date! Wow, that makes me feel old. I'm glad ya'll are back and that ya had a good trip. Love ya!