Thursday, September 18, 2008

Labor of Love

Today I think we should ask ourselves how far would you go to show someone you loved them? To show the Love of God? Lately I have found myself in situations where my flesh would like to run the other way, but that 'still small voice' nudges me to go a little farther. Our pastor just preached an extremely heartfelt message along these lines. With tears he said, "You've been hurt before. You've been burned, so you just stop trying. NO, NO, NO!! Hell is real. Think about that." Yeah.....

Yesterday I was privileged to work with a lost family for 7 hrs, 42 mins just for the cause of Christ. And let me just say it wasn't something my flesh enjoyed....but my spirit felt great! I have high hopes for this whole family! I want to see them saved. They are no relation of mine, just lost souls in my path. The grandmother said she would never step foot in a church again b/c of past experiences. I said, "Granny, one day you'll be sitting on one of those pews at the church and of that I have no doubt." She grinned while she shook her head vehemently. As I grinned back I told her, "We'll see."

One of my all time favorite people in history, Abe Lincoln said: "When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that's my religion."

I'm on a mission, aren't you?

John 13:35 By this shall all {men} know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

2 comments:

Sallie Ann said...

You really need to post my dear. I love you and praying for you.

Amy Lizzy said...

where are you?